Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole

This recipe I got from one of Hubby's grandmas. It's oh so good!  Whenever I make it when family is in town, it's gone quickly.   It takes a while to bake, so if you're wanting it to go with breakfast, wake up, put it in the oven, then go back to bed! :)

What you need:
30 oz shredded hashbrowns
1/2 cup butter, melted
16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese
2 T dried minced onion

Mix first two ingredients together in large bowl.  Mix last four ingredients in smaller mixing bowl.  Combine both.  Spread evenly in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 90 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. this is almost exactly the same as the post i had for texas potatos...we use it for a side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! I didn't even realize that, Ash! Sorry!!! ahahahah...I guess great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy you gave me this recipe at my shower and I love it....as does my family. It has become a side at Christmas breakfast! I do add cornflakes to the top and more cheese though! ;)

    ReplyDelete