Friday, March 11, 2011

Mandy's Creamy Chicken Tacos/Mexican Chicken Chili

I figured since this meal could be eaten as tacos with tortillas or in a bowl as chili, I'd name it both.  I got this recipe from my friend Mandy Boker (yes, I know she's married now, but all my sorority sisters will forever go by their maiden names in my head).  Anyway, she gave me this UBER easy and tres tasty crockpot meal and it was good!  Hubby loved it.  Beware--it makes a lot.

What you need:
4 chicken breasts
1 full can of salsa (I used almost 2)
1 can  corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 brick cream cheese

What you do:
Dump everything into the crockpot EXCEPT the cream cheese.  Cook on low for 8 hours, shredded chicken after about 6 or 7 hours.  After 8 hours, stir in cream cheese until melted.

Put desired amount into corn or flour tortillas, or place in a bowl and happily eat with a spoon.  Top with cilantro, tomato, and sour cream (or other desired toppings) and enjoy. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why isn't "Boker" joining the blog?!? She'll always be Boker and your Kridner (even my mom still calls you that). I am excited to try this...on the menu for next week. I had a similar recipe but it didn't call for corn or the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was yummy! A small batch would be a perfect hot appetizer with tortilla chips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the blog! This is a proud moment for me :) I'm so glad you both liked it, it's a staple for us in the fall/winter and yes it makes quite a bit, the hubs loves the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete