Monday, March 7, 2011

Taco Soup

1 lb extra-lean ground beef ( I used ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
3 cans (15.5 oz each) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes undrained
1 can (14.25 oz ) corn, undrained
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown meat and drain. Add onions and salt and pepper to taste and heat for a few minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; stir, breaking up tomatoes with spoon. Bring to boil; simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Top with cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.

A few modifications: I used ground turkey instead of beef. For the corn I used mexicorn and the beans I used some cans hot and some mild. What really made this yummy....I used mexican four cheese with a touch of philadelphia.

Kraft foods recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment