Friday, March 5, 2010

Blue Cheese Flank Steak...ala Crockpot

Another crockpot recipe. This one I got from "The Crock Pot Exchange" on Facebook.

1 1/2 lb flank steak
1/4 C. flour
1 onion, sliced
1/4 C. beef broth
1/4 C. red wine
1 pkg mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
1 T. olive oil
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1/4 C. blue cheese crumbles
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Season steak with salt and pepper. Coat flank steak in flour and place in crock pot. Top with mushrooms and onions. Mix together wine and beef broth and pour over meat and onions. Next drizzle with oil and vinegar. Cook on low for 8 hours. Add in blue cheese and stir a bit. Enjoy!

**Addition: We made ours without mushrooms, as my husband hates them. It was very good, and he enjoyed the leftovers all weekend. And the house smelled GREAT! My parents made this; my mom was disappointed, but my dad loved it (he had his without blue cheese but with mushrooms)**

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! This sounds awesome and I love the idea of this blog. I am totally in and will post some recipes asap :)

    ReplyDelete